CIS has posted the executables for ArcGIS Desktop and Workstation 9.3 on the download page. After installing, please remember to install Service Pack 1, available from ESRI here. The Service Pack file is named ArcGISDesktop93sp1.msp. Download and run this file to ensure you have the latest bug fixes.
A few of the "goodies" in the 9.3 upgrade are:
- Basemap layers of the entire world which can be streamed from ESRI servers to your own .mxd document, including streets, shaded relief, and imagery, and a built in gazateer.
- Improvements to geocoding (address-matching) including updated methods for reviewing unmatched candidates.
- The ability to turn graphic shapes that have been digitized on-screen directly into a shapefile or feature class using the "convert graphics to features" tool.
- The ability to embed feature attributes, map layers and coordinate system information in exported .pdf files.
- Map layers with transparencies enabled are reflected correctly in legends.
- New spatial analysis tools including ordinary least squares regression and geographically weighted regression and and updated Near tool that works with points, line, and polygons.
- Geoprocessing error messages now link to a description of the problem and recommended solutions.
My self-paced tutorial and data files can be found on my wiki. Happy Arc-ing!